Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Vancouver Soundscape




World Soundscape Project - The Vancouver Soundscape 1973

3/21/07 UPDATE: This post has been transferred here.

grey calx

Tracklisting:

1. Ocean Sounds <6:16>

2. Squamish Narrative <5:56>

3. Entrance to the Harbour <7:19>

4. Harbour Ambience <6:38>

5. The Music of Horns and Whistles <3:20>

6. Vancouver Soundmarks <3:58>

7. Homo Ludens - Vancouverites at Play <5:15>

8. The Music of Various City Quarters <8:20>

9. New Year's Eve in Vancouver Harbour <8:32>

10. On Acoustic Design <20:26>




14 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger grey calx said...

Just in case, alt. links provided

The Vancouver Soundscape 1973:

http://s4.quicksharing.com/v/7380661/vansou73.rar.html

Soundscape Vancouver 1996:

http://s4.quicksharing.com/v/1431621/souvan96.rar.html

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger *~mad munky~* said...

vancouver is a lovely place - do visit it if you get a chance :o)

i've been a few times...just beautiful ;o)

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great!
fieldrecordings/soundscape master piece!
R. Murray Schafer came japan last year.
I love his thougt.
thank you '1996' !

 
At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me friend vancouver is overrated I like 70km away from it, I can see the glaring lights causing the fog to ignite orange.

Otherwise it's not a bad place to LIVE (Not just "visit"), kitsilano is damn beautiful.

And it has an ice cream shop with 300 flavours ftw

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the soundscape from R. Murray Shafer I was always looking for!!!! Thanks a lot, Grey Calx, for providing this, I once heard it in a German radio broadcoast back in the 80s, and I really loved it.
Being to Vancouver some years ago, this sure will bring back some memories... I even bought a sweater from the Simon-Fraser-University, and later found out, that Schafer was teaching there... pure coincidence?!? ;)

Cheers, Lucky!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're closet of curiosities is really great. Thanks for all these good and rare stuffs.
You can also visit my personal "cabinet de curiosités sonores" (in french sorry) here:
http://www.laptitemaison.com/

no from La P'tite Maison

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grey calx - if you're still having problems downloading the early cv-release, drop me a short note and i will up it for you on another hoster!

cheers, lucky / border music

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger grey calx said...

mad munky,
Thank you. I hope to get a chance to visit Vancouver.

anonymous at 9:16 AM,
You're welcome.

anonymous at 3:10 AM,
Your description of the fog is interesting. I'm sure the area surrounding Vancouver is more beautiful than the city. Now that you pointed out that there is an ice cream shop with 300 flavors, I want to visit very soon. :)

lucky,
You're welcome.
About the CV release, I'll try to d'l it one or two more times from gigasize. Hopefully, it will work. Cheers.

no from la ptite maison,
Thank you. I've taken a glance at your website and it looks interesting. I'll explore it more throughly shortly. No problem with the site being in French. I can always paste the text at the translation site I visit often. Of course, this could be an opportunity for me to learn a little French anyway.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gc : cv : is : up : at : rs
la : ky : at : bm :)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger grey calx said...

lucky,
Thank you. I'm on my way.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger GeorgyGirl said...

Thank you for this! I grew up in Vancouver and left in 1975 - I *still* get homesick. Such a beautiful place.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger grey calx said...

georgina,
You're welcome. Hope these releases help bring comforts of home.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A retro-thank you for the Vancouver soundscapes. I first got wind of this when the vintage version of MusicWorks dedicated a feature to Harbour Symphonies, including the Harbour Symphony competition in Newfoundland which R. Murray Shaeffer took part. Beautiful. This will accompany the reissue of Alvin Curran's project which is still on my oft-listen shelf.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Do One Thing said...

Apna Showroom’s Gangajal Kalash Brass Shivling and stylish hair comb offer a perfect balance of tradition and elegance. Ideal for women who appreciate divine grace and refined grooming in one unique set.
Apna Showroom Shree Sampurna Vyapar Vridhi Yantra Lakshmi Yantra Vashikaran Yantra Kuber Yantra 24k Gold Plated Yantra for Home, Office, Business, and Puja Ghar - Spiritual Energy and Prosperity Enhancement
Apna Showroom Tic Tac Hair Clips for women tik tak tic tak tic hair pin saree pin women's pin hairpin multicolor hair pin Girls Snap Hair Clips, Girls Daily Use Clips Multi Print Design Stylish clips Multicolour (100 Piece
Apna Showroom Ganga Jal - Holy pure Ganga Jal Har ki pauri Brahmakund Prasad Tasveer Chunni Haridwar Ganga Jal Natural Ganga jal
Unveil spiritual purity with Apna Showroom’s Gangajal Kalash Brass Shivling and sleek hair comb. Thoughtfully crafted for women who value both devotion and beauty, it’s a must-have for every pooja room and vanity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home