Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tombeau de Messiaen...


3/21/07 UPDATE: This post has been transferred here.

grey calx

muse1453 will be offline for quite some time to focus more on other priorities such as career and personal development along with school. I will be taking over this blog and trying to keep this thing updated. I was asked to post this item by Jonathan Harvey of whom I know very little about other than the article posted below. The "4 Images After Yeats" tracks and "Tombeau de Messiaen" are quite nice piano pieces and the others are interesting electronic pieces which are described in little more detail below. Enjoy.

Jonathan Harvey - Tombeau de Messiaen...



Tracklisting:

1. Tombeau de Messiaen {8:44}

2. Mortuos Plango, Vivos Voco {9:08}

3. 4 Images After Yeats I {0:47}

4. 4 Images After Yeats II {2:08}

5. 4 Images After Yeats III {2:21}

6. 4 Images After Yeats IV {16:17}

7. Ritual Melodies {13:31}


9 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger grey calx said...

Here's an alt. link just in case

http://rapidshare.com/files/8585059/jhartommes.rar.html

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for rapidshare link!

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger manelis said...

thank you very much for all your post,really nice blog,keep the good work

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've moved the posts from my orang aural blog over to wordpress:
http://bordermusic.wordpress.com/
please change your link
salute, lucky ;)

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grey calx - i'm off topic here as well! ;)

you asked me about wordpress - and i just can tell you: what a big difference to blogger! wordpress is faster, easier, smoother, more features, i'm just lucky with the decision to switch.
as you see on my new one, all the old posts from my blogspot-blog are there - wordpress makes it so simple, unbelievable...
i've been there just a week or so, so it's a bit early to be so enthusiastically - but as you may also figured out, blogger is sometimes dead slow, sometimes down for a few hours - posting takes a good deal of time, and the html-stuff on it (like write new links, order them, etc.) - is so much better on wordpress...

well, sounds almost like i get paid to tell this, but i'm not. i'm just happy that posting isn't always a fight with the blogger-system.

http://wordpress.com/features/
here are the facts and the features...

cheers, lucky
cu @
http://bordermusic.wordpress.com/

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

muse1453, here is another link for Neue Deutsch Post Avantgarde:


http://rapidshare.com/files/12180150/NeueDeutschPostAvantgarde.rar.html

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger grey calx said...

calypso,
Good to hear that RS is working for you.

manelis,
Thanks. I'll be exploring your blog more throughly soon. I like the frog picture in the header.

hideo,
Yes I do have big shoes to fill. Thanks for your support. Good to know someone appreciates my first post.

lucky,
Thanks for your response. Not too long ago, I couldn't access my own blogs. It seemed that my blogs among others were offline for awhile. I've even had trouble accessing my account as sometimes I had to log in two or three times to be able to post comments using my handle. Then, of course, it's really slow sometimes for posts to get published and occasionally I can't open the upload image window.
I've checked out Wordpress and decided to start a blog there to try out Wordpress. I'm pretty impressed with it so far. It's looking more likely that I'll be making the switch sometime soon. Cheers.

anonymous at 1:37 PM,
Thanks for the Neue Deutsch Post Avantgarde compilation. I finally downloaded it today. Sounds like some interesting pieces of early industrial music (and I've been wanting to check out P16 D4). I appreciate it and the muse certainly appreciates it.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Dr. Bogenbroom said...

hello! i wanted to say thanks for this piece - unfortunately i haven't been able to proceed to track 2 - for i was listening to the opening track thrice meanwhile ;-)
cheers

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger grey calx said...

interfail,
You're welcome. Glad you're enjoying the first piece though there's more to be enjoyed afterwards. I know how you feel. I come across albums every once in a while where there's a song or piece that I enjoy so much that I end up neglecting the other songs on the album. Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home